“It is the responsibility of Congress to ensure first responders have the spectrum and equipment they need,” said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday, May 15, in a video presentation at the 8th Annual APCO International Leadership in Policy Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C. McCain was one of two recipients of the Leadership in Legislative […]
APCO Applauds Congress on a Bipartisan Compromise to Provide Public Safety with the Spectrum, Funding and Authority to Launch a Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network
As part of a major legislative package for the extension of payroll tax relief and unemployment benefits, House and Senate conferees have agreed on a compromise that will provide public safety with the spectrum, funding and authority necessary to launch a long overdue nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 12, 2012 –As Congress returns from their holiday recess and the appointed conferees begin negotiations ahead of February 29 mandate for enacting a yearlong Payroll Tax Reduction Extension bill, the Public Safety Alliance (PSA) today reiterated its strong support for finally realizing a nationwide interoperable public safety broadband network now. “Congress […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. – December 14, 1011 – The Public Safety Alliance (PSA) today expressed its appreciation for the full House’s vote of support for D Block spectrum allocation to public safety and funding for the Public Safety Broadband Network, but warned of an ominous storm cloud on the horizon as our nation’s first responders, who […]
Public Safety Applauds Boehner’s Inclusion of D Block Spectrum, Broadband Funding in House Payroll Tax Reduction Extension Bill
WASHINGTON, D.C. – December 13, 1011 – The Public Safety Alliance (PSA) today applauded the inclusion of public safety spectrum allocation and funding for a nationwide public safety broadband network in H.R. 3630, the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011. While the public safety and state and local government communities are […]
Walden Subcommittee Allocates D Block, Provides $6.5 Billion for Public Safety Broadband Network and Includes NG9-1-1 Funds
WASHINGTON, D.C. – December 2, 2011 – The Public Safety Alliance (PSA) announced that it is pleased that the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Communications and Technology subcommittee took action today to allocate 10 MHz of spectrum within the 700 MHz band, or D block, to public safety while providing up to $6.5 billion for […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 30, 2011 – The Public Safety Alliance (PSA) today welcomed House Communications and Technology Subcommittee Chairman Greg Walden’s (R – OR5) latest discussion draft language on spectrum allocation, which was released yesterday ahead of a scheduled mark-up of spectrum legislation on Thursday, December 1st at 10am. “We greatly appreciate the efforts […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- TCS to Provide Cybersecurity Training, Hosted by APCO International July 01, 2015
- 9-1-1 Radio Transmissions Loud and Clear in Lancaster, Pa. June 30, 2015
- Airbus DS Communications Launches Text-to-9-1-1 Solution, Other Upgrades to VESTA 9-1-1 Suite June 29, 2015
- CAC Contribution: Fiscal Discipline & Accountability June 26, 2015
- Wayne County, Ohio, Officials to Meet on Upgrades to Public Radio System June 26, 2015
- Gina Myers: March 31, 2015 I've just recently starting work...
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...