Montgomery County commissioners approved a contract with the Ohio Multi-Agency Radio Communication System (MARCS), an important step to upgrade the county’s public safety communications system. The county has approved spending about $13.4 million to switch to a digital P25 radio system from the current 800 MHz analog technology.
The meeting, scheduled for 2 p.m. July 14 in the Wayne County Administration Building, will be an opportunity for safety service providers to discuss the report and the plans for moving forward.
A new $26 million Project 25 (P25) communications system from Motorola Solutions has now been implemented by LVMPD to help officers communicate clearly and reliably in any situation, whether it’s an issue in the rugged outlying areas of Clark County, a crowded casino or in one of 150,000 guest rooms in Las Vegas.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International has received a Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Science and Technology Directorate for the implementation of Project 25 (P25) & Computer Assisted Pre-Coordination Resource & Database System (CAPRAD) Restructuring. Grant support is being phased in with an initial award of $250,000 for […]
Aeroflex Announces Availability of New Automated Test and Alignment Capabilities for the Kenwood 20 Series P25 and NEXEDGE Series Radios
Alignments can now be performed in much less time, minimizing service and support costs for the end users and dealers.
Avtec, a leading provider of pure internet protocol dispatch console systems, announced today that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its Scout™ 3.2 software and Tait Communications’ Digital Mobile Radio and Project 25 Trunked radio systems.
Kenwood announces the TK-5410D Phase 2 portable radio, built on the TK-5410 platform, and allowing easy migration for agencies to Phase 2 P25 operation.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Communications During a Large-Scale Mass Casualty Incident August 28, 2015
- Silent Key: Marsha Ann Pacolt August 27, 2015
- Explorer, Business Leader Alison Levine Gives Life Lessons on Successful Leadership August 24, 2015
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler Tells APCO Members Failure is Not an Option in Next Generation 9-1-1 August 24, 2015
- 9-1-1 Location Accuracy Critical to Industry August 24, 2015
- Linda S. Brown: That was a very well written, amazing article!...
- Chaf: As an employee of Lloyd''s for the past ten years,...
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...