Kenwood announces the TK-5410D Phase 2 portable radio, built on the TK-5410 platform, and allowing easy migration for agencies to Phase 2 P25 operation.
As FirstNet contemplates the many complexities and challenges associated with deploying a public safety wireless communications network, it will be critical for FirstNet to examine the current landscape of public safety network operators and their experiences, challenges and lessons learned. The following case study highlights some of those examples.
City of Charlotte, N.C. Works with Motorola Solutions to Prepare Its Public Safety Network for the Future
The City of Charlotte, N.C. is working with Motorola Solutions Inc. to keep its network evolving.
Zetron’s Advanced Communications (Acom EVO) system utilizing the P25, open-standards based Console Subsystem Interface (CSSI) is being used to improve response times and critical communications at Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson International.
Cassidian Communications Completes System Acceptance at Westminster, Colo. for P25 Digital Land Mobile Radio System
The new two-site, 10-channel 800MHz CORP25 radio network—which included hardware, software, system engineering, installation and maintenance—delivers improved coverage and increased capacity for the city of Westminster’s first responders.
Cassidian Communications and Fleetcom Inc. Complete Implementation of P25 Land Mobile Radio System for Canada’s Busiest Airport
Cassidian Communications is helping the Greater Toronto Airports Authority improve communications and critical response times following installation and activation of its digital, trunked P25 LMR system.
Cassidian Communications’ P25 Land Mobile Network Completes System Acceptance at Buncombe County, N.C. for Enhanced Public Safety Communications
Cassidian’s CORP25 digital, trunked P25 Land Mobile Radio (LMR) network was selected by Buncombe County, N.C. for enhanced public safety communications and response.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- APCO Award Nominations Reminder – Deadline April 1 March 06, 2014
- 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Father Deliver Baby March 06, 2014
- Zetron Exceeds 2 Million Hours of P25 CSSI-based Operation March 05, 2014
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Nita Lapihuska March 05, 2014
- “Tapping” Method Helps Telecommunicator Find Caller March 04, 2014
- KenStarr: Prince William County....where?...
- JOCOHA: Gave me chills. the best by far description of my ...
- Randy: I was always under impression that communications ...
- J Eshé: Thank you Cindra. One of the BEST articles I've re...
- Anthony Notarino III: Officers should be on the road, not answering phon...