The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International has received a Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Science and Technology Directorate for the implementation of Project 25 (P25) & Computer Assisted Pre-Coordination Resource & Database System (CAPRAD) Restructuring. Grant support is being phased in with an initial award of $250,000 for […]
Aeroflex Announces Availability of New Automated Test and Alignment Capabilities for the Kenwood 20 Series P25 and NEXEDGE Series Radios
Alignments can now be performed in much less time, minimizing service and support costs for the end users and dealers.
Avtec, a leading provider of pure internet protocol dispatch console systems, announced today that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its Scout™ 3.2 software and Tait Communications’ Digital Mobile Radio and Project 25 Trunked radio systems.
Kenwood announces the TK-5410D Phase 2 portable radio, built on the TK-5410 platform, and allowing easy migration for agencies to Phase 2 P25 operation.
As FirstNet contemplates the many complexities and challenges associated with deploying a public safety wireless communications network, it will be critical for FirstNet to examine the current landscape of public safety network operators and their experiences, challenges and lessons learned. The following case study highlights some of those examples.
City of Charlotte, N.C. Works with Motorola Solutions to Prepare Its Public Safety Network for the Future
The City of Charlotte, N.C. is working with Motorola Solutions Inc. to keep its network evolving.
Zetron’s Advanced Communications (Acom EVO) system utilizing the P25, open-standards based Console Subsystem Interface (CSSI) is being used to improve response times and critical communications at Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson International.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Kyra Pulliam’s Heartstrings Pulled Her Back to Dispatching January 23, 2015
- Mutualink Tactical Collaboration Nodes to Power First-Ever Public Safety Grade Mobile 4G LTE Network for the State of New Jersey January 22, 2015
- L-com adds Cat6, 5e and 5 PoE Injectors with Power Supplies January 22, 2015
- Mobile Responder Now Available on Microsoft Windows Devices January 20, 2015
- Upgrade to New World ‘makes us better, faster and smarter’ January 19, 2015
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...