The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International has received a Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Science and Technology Directorate for the implementation of Project 25 (P25) & Computer Assisted Pre-Coordination Resource & Database System (CAPRAD) Restructuring. Grant support is being phased in with an initial award of $250,000 for […]
Aeroflex Announces Availability of New Automated Test and Alignment Capabilities for the Kenwood 20 Series P25 and NEXEDGE Series Radios
Alignments can now be performed in much less time, minimizing service and support costs for the end users and dealers.
Avtec, a leading provider of pure internet protocol dispatch console systems, announced today that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its Scout™ 3.2 software and Tait Communications’ Digital Mobile Radio and Project 25 Trunked radio systems.
Kenwood announces the TK-5410D Phase 2 portable radio, built on the TK-5410 platform, and allowing easy migration for agencies to Phase 2 P25 operation.
As FirstNet contemplates the many complexities and challenges associated with deploying a public safety wireless communications network, it will be critical for FirstNet to examine the current landscape of public safety network operators and their experiences, challenges and lessons learned. The following case study highlights some of those examples.
City of Charlotte, N.C. Works with Motorola Solutions to Prepare Its Public Safety Network for the Future
The City of Charlotte, N.C. is working with Motorola Solutions Inc. to keep its network evolving.
Zetron’s Advanced Communications (Acom EVO) system utilizing the P25, open-standards based Console Subsystem Interface (CSSI) is being used to improve response times and critical communications at Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson International.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage October 17, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatch Workers Sent to Hospital in Arlington Heights (Ill.) October 17, 2014
- Accidental Dial to 9-1-1 Leads Deputies to Meth Lab October 17, 2014
- The Code Green Campaign Brings Awareness to PTSD and Suicide in Public Safety October 16, 2014
- US Digital Designs Enhances Phoenix G2 Fire Station Alerting System with New Products October 16, 2014
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...