Zetron announced that implementations of its Advanced Communications system utilizing technologies based on the TIA P25 Console Subsystem Interface have logged more than 1-million hours of successful operation at customer sites in North and South America.
Pennsylvania’s Fastest Growing County Awards Harris Corp. $42 Million Contract to Modernize First Responder Communications
Harris Corporation has received a $42 million contract from Chester County, Pennsylvania to deploy and maintain an emergency communications system that will deliver superior coverage, interoperability with surrounding radio systems and the capacity to meet future growth.
Being awakened in the middle of a deep sleep by an urgent fire station alerting tone is never fun. But research indicates it could have serious effects on firefighters’ health, too. Although alerting is a necessary component of fire station life, one county is exploring ways it can be customized so that crews are only woken or notified when they’re truly needed to respond.
“If coverage rather than capacity is your main requirement, then a P25 system will likely require fewer sites and prove a lower overall cost option,” said Tony Gray, regional business director (MENA) on behalf of P3 Communications. “If capacity is your main requirement, then TETRA may require fewer carriers per site for a given traffic [...]
Cassidian Communications Announces Expansion of P25 Land Mobile Radio Network for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Cassidian Communications announced that it has received a contract amendment to expand its existing digital, trunked P25 Land Mobile Radio (LMR) network for public safety communications with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in the province of Ontario, Canada.
22 March 2012 Alexandria, VA USA— Delegates attending the 2012 APCO Global Congress will gain information that will help them decide whether P25 or TETRA is right for their organization, during a Roundtable comparing the two standards for digital radio communications. The APCO Global Congress is a premier public safety communications event, bringing the international [...]
Wichita, Kan.—January 25, 2012— Aeroflex Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Aeroflex Holding Corp. (NYSE:ARX), announced today a major feature upgrade to its market-leading 3920 Radio Test Set. The 3920 now supports P25 Phase II TDMA test functions and adds many new features for the development, manufacturing, and field test of both analog and digital PMR radios and base stations used around the world.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Colorado Theater Shooting: Dispatchers Recount Night of Horror July 24, 2012
- 2013 Leaders in Policy Honored by APCO at Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C. May 17, 2013
- Cassidian Communications to Demonstrate Next Generation Public Safety Portfolio at TX-APCO/NENA Joint Conference May 16, 2013
- National Response Framework, 2nd Edition Released May 15, 2013
- New Communications Tower a Matter of Public Safety May 15, 2013
- Audit: Atlanta Is Improving 9-1-1 Response May 15, 2013
- ohio pd: The PD where I work has 15 officers and 6 radios.W...
- natalie: I hate to second guess call takers but really? Th...
- DETerrell, SGT: >The selected divisions’ sergeants were intervi...
- Emerson Network Power: Emerson Network Power provides Liebert IT and data...
- Cindra Dunaway: Thanks Jenn. Bill just illustrated a perfect exam...