David Binns was an active Commercial Member of APCO for more than 30 years, and was a familiar face on the APCO conference exhibit floor, always with a big Texas smile and welcoming handshake.
General Dynamics Information Technology has been awarded a contract to develop, implement and operate the Massachusetts Next Generation (NG9-1-1) emergency communications system that will allow emergency personnel to accept service requests through new technologies, providing real-time data and communication.
The staff report envisions a situation in which neighboring departments will come into the city more often than city units will go into them. That could lead to those neighboring departments seeking money from Naples to cover the costs.
Moesch exhibited integrity, reliability, dependability and dedication throughout his APCO career.
An interlocal agreement has been reached between Salt Lake City, which operates off one dispatch platform, and the trustees of Valley Emergency Communications Center (VECC).
The last time the topic of bids for equipment and infrastructure went before the commission for consideration, county officials tabled discussion of the matter.
The concept would go back to the Mandan-Morton advisory board after they receive comments from the Bismarck area entities. If interest is strong, the proposal will move to the Morton County Commission.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron System Utilizing CSSI Tests Successfully with Harris P25 Phase-II Network August 28, 2014
- Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate Seeks Public Input August 27, 2014
- Interim Ebola Virus Disease Guidance for 9-1-1 PSAPs, EMS and Medical First Responders Now Available August 27, 2014
- Waterville (Maine) Steps Up Dispatcher Training for Missing Children August 27, 2014
- Training to Cap 9-1-1 Merger in Pittsburgh & Allegheny County (Pa.) August 27, 2014
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...
- Darrell Pratt: Regarding this story, it was not in Texas. This is...
- Karen Morris: Julie Thomas was a person you could meet once and ...
- ISABEL: I'm so proud of you Pat and it's about time that y...
- Bob Roberts: Cool!!!!!!...