The controversial 9-1-1 addressing project in Putnam County (W.Va.) is nearly complete, and officials are now turning their attention to fixing any mistakes before the finalized addresses are sent to mapping companies.
A new scam has caused dozens of unintended 9-1-1 calls to Milwaukee police and other law enforcement agencies, prompting officials to issue a warning.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will provide on workshop on “Public Safety Imperatives for All-IP Networks” scheduled for April 17, 2014 and April 18, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
The Pima County Wireless Integrated Network and the Pima Emergency Communications and Operations Center, both bond-funded projects, have been in the works since 2001.
South Sound 9-1-1, an interlocal agency created in an effort to consolidate public safety answering points (PSAPs) in Pierce County, Washington, has selected Intergraph’s public safety solutions to replace multiple disparate systems.
Communities across the U.S. will recognize those who help save lives in times of personal or national crisis during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW), April 13 – 19, 2014.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International announces the recipients of its prestigious 2014 Public Safety Leadership in Policy Awards, who will be honored during APCO’s Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership Dinner in Washington, DC on May 6, 2014.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Texas Child Saves Mother with 9-1-1 Call April 24, 2014
- Motorola Solutions Expands APX Project 25 Radio Series April 24, 2014
- Finding a Solution to 9-1-1 Frequent Fliers April 24, 2014
- Telecommunicator’s Dedication Shines in Wake of Tornado April 24, 2014
- Life Skills: Reduce Processed Foods in Your Diet April 24, 2014
- Linda D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family, coworkers and...
- Garry VanDerHeyden: Lot of truth in that!!...
- Lshumpert: Great job, hidden hero great title...
- Linda D Ford: This is a civil liability suit just waiting to hap...
- Randy Kaminsky: Sounds like the people of Steuben County have a re...