Since last Friday’s bulletin notifying you of APCO’s success in joining with NENA to reach a landmark consensus plan with the nation’s four largest carriers to improve wireless 9-1-1 location accuracy for both indoor and outdoor calls, we have made significant progress.
Guidelines for bystanders before responders arrive cited at Heart Association meeting.
The Tait portables and mobiles will provide Lexington’s police officers with enhanced audio quality, noise reduction and encrypted connections.
The network roll-out will commence in London before expanding to the South East and other key metropolitan areas.
APCO and NENA Reach Consensus Plan with Major Wireless Carriers on Improvements to Locating 9-1-1 Callers
Today, the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International and the National Emergency Number Association have reached a consensus plan with the major wireless carriers that we will present to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for making significant progress in locating 9-1-1 callers in both indoor and outdoor environments.
The November issue of PSC erroneously featured outdated information on the Board of Directors & Chapter Presidents page.
Waterman joins the Commission from Indiana University at Bloomington, where he is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Telecommunications.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- New Era Begins for Emergency Calls in Dudley (Mass.) November 26, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatchers Go Up in the Mountains for a Lesson on Backcounty Rescues November 24, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatchers Go Up in the Mountains for a Lesson on Backcountry Rescues November 24, 2014
- West Coast Agency Selects Intergraph Public Safety Solutions for Consolidated Dispatch November 24, 2014
- Life Skills: When Should You Stay Home Sick From Work? November 24, 2014
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...