In case you missed the recent webinar explaining the many exciting APCO committees and the process for application, here is a rundown of how you can become more involved with APCO.
Weld County Board of Commissioners hosted an open house celebration for the new Weld County Regional Communications Center (WCRCC) in Colorado.
Zetron’s new MAX Dispatch Portal is being deployed at 47 communication centers for a company in Japan. The project demonstrates how the Portal can be used to support and unify the large-scale deployment of multiple MAX Dispatch systems for a single, geographically diverse organization.
Multi-stakeholder effort included the Department of Commerce, FirstNet, public safety practitioners, and industry experts.
A lot has changed since Eva Steadman started her career, when 9-1-1 calls were jotted down on 3-by-5 cards and filed by hand.
The National 9-1-1 Program recently released its most recent update of the report; “Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) Standards Identification and Review: A compilation of existing and planned standards for NG9-1-1 systems.”
House Co-Chairs of the Next Gen 9-1-1 Caucus are in favor of proposed standards for wireless providers to ensure accurate caller location information.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- LA-RICS Selects Motorola Solutions to Develop Public Safety Broadband Network March 07, 2014
- APCO Award Nominations Reminder – Deadline April 1 March 06, 2014
- FCC Issues Proposed Rule About NG911 Deployment March 06, 2014
- 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Father Deliver Baby March 06, 2014
- Zetron Exceeds 2 Million Hours of P25 CSSI-based Operation March 05, 2014
- KenStarr: Prince William County....where?...
- JOCOHA: Gave me chills. the best by far description of my ...
- Randy: I was always under impression that communications ...
- J Eshé: Thank you Cindra. One of the BEST articles I've re...
- Anthony Notarino III: Officers should be on the road, not answering phon...