Thanks to a donation from the officials regulating the 9-1-1 system in Holmes County, the East Holmes Local Schools nurse, Tami Bucklew, was able to purchase an interactive 9-1-1 simulator from Retina Systems.
APCO International is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Public Safety Communications Awards and Technology in Leadership Awards. The winners will be recognized during the Opening General Session at APCO 2015, APCO’s Annual Conference & Expo taking place August 16-19 in Washington, DC.
Federal Engineering Selected by Sussex County for Mobile Radio Procurement and Implementation Support
Sussex County, VA has extended the Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) contract to assist the County in procuring and implementing a new public safety mobile radio system.
Sheridan Ryan serves as a Communications Tech II for the Herndon (Va.) Police Department.
While mothers across the nation will be bombarded with cards and coffee mugs on Mother’s Day, a Hemet girl gave her mother the best gift of all: a saved life.
Simoco Upgrades Rutland Regional Emergency Communication Center with Simulcast System for Public Safety Services
Simoco Group and North American partner Beltronics has teamed up with Rutland Regional Emergency Communication Center (RRECC) to deliver a two-channel, three-site simulcast system for the public safety services in Barre, Oakham, and Rutland in Massachusetts – with a fourth site planned in Hubbardston later this year.
30 people – troopers and other State Patrol employees, as well as citizens – were honored for heroism or extraordinary public-service work Monday at the patrol’s annual awards ceremony.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Regional Emergency Dispatch Authority, NM, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Tompkins County Department of Emergency Response, NY, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Valley Communications Center, WA, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Pasco 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Man Save Dad with CPR May 27, 2015
- Pinal County Extends Federal Engineering’s Contract to Include Mobile Radio Procurement & Implementation May 26, 2015
- Gina Myers: March 31, 2015 I've just recently starting work...
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...