Stephens County will buy about $1.37 million worth of new equipment for the E-911 department.
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Charleston County’s Radio Systems Manager Larry Britton Tuesday.
Asnuntuck Community College (ACC) has launched the Public Safety Dispatch & Continuing Dispatch Education (PSD & CDE) Program to ultimately yield a large pool of professionals in Connecticut with expertise in this area of public safety telecommunications.
Honoring former president of the Kansas chapter of APCO
VITA is considering the implementation of an ESInet because it recognizes that there is an opportunity to improve 9-1-1 service delivery.
Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced five new members of the FirstNet Board of Directors. Secretary Pritzker appointed Sheriff Richard Stanek of Hennepin County, Minnesota, Chief of Police Chris Burbank of Salt Lake City, Utah, former Vermont Governor James Douglas, Mayor Annise Parker of Houston, Texas, and technology executive Frank Plastina. Additionally, Secretary Pritzker reappointed Ed Reynolds, who is one of the board’s inaugural members.
“Red” Button was a public safety dispatcher, APCO member and trainer for the Mansfield Fire and Police Departments.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- FirstNet Board Takes Action Toward Achieving Program Roadmap Milestones September 22, 2014
- Life Skills: Foods to Avoid Eating Late at Night September 19, 2014
- System Glitch Delays Some 911 Calls in Erie County (Penn.) September 19, 2014
- Maplewood (Minn.) Fire/EMS Department Allows Personnel to Schedule Themselves September 19, 2014
- Wilcon Announces New Fiber Network Build Connecting Downtown Los Angeles and El Segundo September 19, 2014
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...