The first meeting of the Task Force is scheduled to take place on January 26, 2015.
Devine, a long-standing APCO member, has an extensive background in the public safety communications sector.
The completion of the current emergency communication upgrades won’t be the end of the work.
Dispatchers currently don’t give medical advice because they are not trained to do so.
Solacom continues to strengthen intellectual property portfolio for critical communications solutions .
Four agencies join 136 other Utah public safety agencies using local provider.
The Federal Communications Commission and Department of Homeland Security have issued a joint bulletin on cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi and other signal jammers. Signal jammers are illegal and can interfere with operational channels commonly used by first responders, disrupting vital communications or affecting emergency operations.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Announces Approval of Standard for Public Safety Telecommunicators When Responding to Calls of Missing, Abducted and Sexually Exploited Children January 26, 2015
- 91 Agencies Purchase Spillman, 115 Expand Systems in Q4 of 2014 January 26, 2015
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Kyra Pulliam’s Heartstrings Pulled Her Back to Dispatching January 23, 2015
- Mutualink Tactical Collaboration Nodes to Power First-Ever Public Safety Grade Mobile 4G LTE Network for the State of New Jersey January 22, 2015
- L-com adds Cat6, 5e and 5 PoE Injectors with Power Supplies January 22, 2015
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...