Please take the time to nominate your colleagues for the recognition they deserve.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2014: Guidance for Public Safety Communications Professionals
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month and is intended to remind everyone to be vigilant and safeguard their networks and the information passed over their networks. APCO has put out a white paper to provide information for public safety communications professionals on the ongoing threats to their networks and recommends ways to prevent, mitigate, […]
APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage
APCO President John Wright applauded the Bureau’s work, stating “the Bureau performed a commendable job in its careful review and attention to investigating the scope and causes of this outage, and APCO agrees that lapses like this need to be avoided at all costs.”
Seven Northwest Central Dispatch System employees in Arlington Heights (Ill.) were taken to a hospital after a non-toxic gas was sprayed into the room where they were working, authorities said.
Sometimes, good detective work and weeks of investigation are needed to nab suspected criminals. But other times all investigators need is 30 minutes to listen in on an accidental pocket dial to a 9-1-1 dispatch center.
The Code Green Campaign is working hard at #savingpublicsafety from PTSD, suicide, and other mental health issues by raising awareness amongst responders and the public.
USDD’s FSA Mobile App and other new Phoenix G2 fire station alerting products help instantly alert first responders.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Alberta Health Services Adds Third Communication Center to Solacom System October 31, 2014
- November Issue of Public Safety Communications October 31, 2014
- Study Looks at How Oklahoma Pays for 9-1-1 Service, Effects of Cellphones October 30, 2014
- Minneapolis 9-1-1 Improvements in the Works October 30, 2014
- Weber Area 9-1-1 to Host a Spillman System for Multi-County Data Sharing October 30, 2014
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...