On the evening of May 14, APCO International held its 9th Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership in Policy Awards Dinner at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. The elegant evening began with a reception sponsored by AT&T at 6 p.m. and was followed by a seated dinner. Before dinner, APCO President Terry Hall welcomed [...]
Cassidian Communications to Demonstrate Next Generation Public Safety Portfolio at TX-APCO/NENA Joint Conference
Cassidian Communications will demonstrate its full public safety communications portfolio at the 2013 Texas-APCO/NENA Joint Conference in Houston on May 19-22, 2013.
The National Response Framework is a guide to how the nation responds to all types of disasters and emergencies. It is built on scalable, flexible, and adaptable concepts identified in the National Incident Management System to align key roles and responsibilities across the nation. This Framework describes specific authorities and best practices for managing incidents [...]
Sorry folks, the location for a new radio communications tower to improve 9-1-1 service isn’t an appropriate one for a case of NIMBY [not in my backyard]. It’s a matter of public safety.
An internal audit shows that while Atlanta’s emergency response center has made significant progress in answering most 911 calls within 10 seconds, it needs to do more to ensure greater staffing during the center’s busiest times.
FORT LAUDERDALE: When Tropical Storm Isaac dumped as much as 17 inches of rain west of West Palm Beach last summer, more than 4,000 people who might have called 911 instead dialed the county’s emergency operation center. Such hotlines, and programs such as the county’s 211 resource center, relieve the work of emergency police and [...]
The FCC and its Canadian counterpart, Industry Canada, have agreed, through a process known as an exchange of letters, on 10 interim spectrum sharing arrangements covering operations in their common border area.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Colorado Theater Shooting: Dispatchers Recount Night of Horror July 24, 2012
- Pepro Builds Connections across the Northern Border May 21, 2013
- Panasonic Upgrades Toughbook H2 Rugged Handheld Tablet PC May 21, 2013
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Selects AtHoc IWSAlerts for Enterprise-Wide Emergency Mass Notification System supporting 60,000 CBP Agents and Personnel Nationwide May 21, 2013
- Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center Solution Keeps Public Safety One Step Ahead of Criminals through Proactive Policing May 21, 2013
- EPIC From Real-Time Technology Group Delivers An Unprecedented Credentialing Solution For First Responders May 21, 2013
- Mark Lee: Amen, Natalie....
- ohio pd: The PD where I work has 15 officers and 6 radios.W...
- natalie: I hate to second guess call takers but really? Th...
- DETerrell, SGT: >The selected divisions’ sergeants were intervi...
- Emerson Network Power: Emerson Network Power provides Liebert IT and data...