The APCO outgoing President is given the opportunity to publicly recognize an individual or group who has provided a special service or contribution to the Association during the President’s term in office, and on Wednesday night John Wright chose to present two Presidential Awards. The first was presented to the entire APCO staff. “While many […]
John Wright concluded his term as President of APCO International this week, saying it was an honor to hold the position. “APCO International boasts a remarkable tradition and legacy of leadership, and I’m proud to have served as one in a long chain of leaders,” Wright said. Wright reflected on many of the accomplishments of […]
APCO 2015 was truly a success with a turnout of more than 5,700 attendees and exhibitors. Attendees came from as far away as Senegal, Sri Lanka, Turkey and Australia representing 30 countries. Attendance was the highest it’s been in the last seven years and the exhibit hall was one of the main features with 282 […]
Five representatives of the public safety entities that have funding and spectrum lease agreements with FirstNet to build wireless networks for first responders and PSAP’s gathered Tuesday afternoon to give APCO Conference attendees some insight into the ongoing building process and the lessons learned so far. Pat Mallon of Los Angeles said as of today, 35 […]
In this Presentation Theater session, Mark Reddish, APCO’s senior counsel and manager of government relations, shared a few of the challenges and concerns regarding apps in the public safety industry. Misleading claims from app developers abound and include statements such as: the app can pinpoint user locations, it is certified, it can communicate directly with […]
APCO members approved four amendments related to the association’s governance documents during the second general session at the APCO International Conference & Expo Tuesday afternoon, but one controversial amendment overwhelmingly failed. The Quorum Resolution #4 on Uncontested Elections failed after the vote was called. The proposed amendment read: “In the event there is only one […]
During the second general session of the APCO International Conference & Expo, Cheryl Greathouse was elected First Vice President. Greathouse, who ran unopposed, received 963 yes votes and 32 no votes. In APCO’s other election, Martha Carter defeated JJ McFarland to win Second Vice President. Carter received 742 votes, McFarland 294. Carter has been an […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Communications During a Large-Scale Mass Casualty Incident August 28, 2015
- Silent Key: Marsha Ann Pacolt August 27, 2015
- Explorer, Business Leader Alison Levine Gives Life Lessons on Successful Leadership August 24, 2015
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler Tells APCO Members Failure is Not an Option in Next Generation 9-1-1 August 24, 2015
- 9-1-1 Location Accuracy Critical to Industry August 24, 2015
- Linda S. Brown: That was a very well written, amazing article!...
- Chaf: As an employee of Lloyd''s for the past ten years,...
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...