The EPIC 3 RI system enables clear and effective communications between on-scene firefighters and incident commanders, remote dispatchers and other radio users, to improve first responder safety and situational intelligence.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on July 14, 2015 for an American National Standard (ANS) that identifies deployment requirements for telecommunicator emergency response teams.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on July 14, 2015 for an American National Standard (ANS) that identifies minimum training for public safety telecommunicators.
Montgomery County commissioners approved a contract with the Ohio Multi-Agency Radio Communication System (MARCS), an important step to upgrade the county’s public safety communications system. The county has approved spending about $13.4 million to switch to a digital P25 radio system from the current 800 MHz analog technology.
Muskego, Mukwonago and Elm Grove will share the cost of upgrading their aging 9-1-1 systems to a new system that will serve all three communities. The arrangement will enable each community to keep its own dispatchers, which is seen as an advantage because local dispatchers know their communities best.
The City of Sedona, AZ has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to conduct an independent review and assessment of the Police Department radio communications system and make recommendations for its enhancement.
SAFECOM is a public safety driven initiative with a mission to improve multi-jurisdictional communications and interoperability for public safety responders during an emergency or disaster.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron Releases New AcomNOVUS Console System July 30, 2015
- TCS Acquires Indoor Location Assets from Loctronix July 29, 2015
- Dubuque E9-1-1 Center Seeks New Communication System July 29, 2015
- Important Bulletin: Fiat-Chrysler Automotive UConnect Allows a Vehicle To Be Remotely Controlled July 27, 2015
- Silent Key: Lloyd Fayling July 27, 2015
- Chaf: As an employee of Lloyd''s for the past ten years,...
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...
- Arlene: Well said Cindra.....I'm retired now but was a pol...