The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International has received a Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Science and Technology Directorate for the implementation of Project 25 (P25) & Computer Assisted Pre-Coordination Resource & Database System (CAPRAD) Restructuring. Grant support is being phased in with an initial award of $250,000 for […]
If you’re like me and drink too much sugary drinks, here are a few reasons you may want to stop, and some tips on how to quit or scale back.
New Cloud-Based Service Provides First Responders with Critical Information During Chemical Emergencies
A new chemical information sharing service called Plan1 enables MSDSonline customers to give first responders access to critical information about the hazardous chemicals they may encounter when responding.
TeleCommunication Systems and L.R. Kimball Partner to Enable Advanced Cybersecurity Services for Public Safety
The TCS-Kimball partnership focuses on critical infrastructure protection for agencies including public safety agencies, education institutions and social services.
Sepura announces today the availability of its DMR Tier III solution to the global market.
Maginnis points out that there are a number of important skills necessary to perform in the role of call taker/dispatcher: multi-tasking, good decision-making, the ability to visualize and know what the officer is doing on the radio as well as the ability to empathize and understand what the caller is dealing with.
The system involves a small group of antennas that connects to a main power source and utilizes high-tech equipment, such as cell repeaters and central controllers, to create the most reliable wireless connection.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage October 17, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatch Workers Sent to Hospital in Arlington Heights (Ill.) October 17, 2014
- Accidental Dial to 9-1-1 Leads Deputies to Meth Lab October 17, 2014
- The Code Green Campaign Brings Awareness to PTSD and Suicide in Public Safety October 16, 2014
- US Digital Designs Enhances Phoenix G2 Fire Station Alerting System with New Products October 16, 2014
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...