Northwest Central Dispatch System, IL, has met the minimum training standards for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International Agency Training Program Certification and has been awarded certification as of April 29, 2015.
APCO International is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Public Safety Communications Awards and Technology in Leadership Awards. The winners will be recognized during the Opening General Session at APCO 2015, APCO’s Annual Conference & Expo taking place August 16-19 in Washington, DC.
Last night the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International honored the recipients of its prestigious Public Safety Leadership in Policy Awards during APCO’s Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership Dinner in Washington, DC. Before an audience of representatives from the public safety community, government agencies, and other industry stakeholders, APCO presented awards to the following […]
Spokane Regional Emergency Communications Services, WA, has met the minimum training standards for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International Project 33 Agency Training Program Certification-2010 (P33 Certification) and has been awarded certification as of April 23, 2015.
Today, APCO International released a Fact Sheet on Mobile Apps and 9-1-1, and a White Paper on “The Status of 9-1-1 Apps.” These documents are intended to educate the general public and stakeholders in the app development community on the state of the 9-1-1 system and the role that mobile apps can play currently and in the future.
APCO Seeks Workgroup Members to revise a Standard for Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Service Criteria Rating Scale
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International filed a Project Initiation Notification to revise a standard for Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale.
APCO Announces Approval of a Standard for Public Safety Communications Common Status Codes for Data Exchange
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on April 7, 2015 for an American National Standard (ANS) that identifies Common Status Codes for Data Exchange.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Pinal County Extends Federal Engineering’s Contract to Include Mobile Radio Procurement & Implementation May 26, 2015
- Northwest Central Dispatch System Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification May 26, 2015
- Emergency Response Volunteer Profile: Janet Velenovsky May 21, 2015
- Kids Can Now Practice Calling 9-1-1 May 21, 2015
- APCO International Announces 2015 Award Winners May 21, 2015
- Gina Myers: March 31, 2015 I've just recently starting work...
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...