The PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale will ensure the standard addresses the current state of the industry, including new and emerging operational issues and procedures.
APCO International released two standards for public review and comment: Public Safety Communications Common Status Codes for Data Exchange, and Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
APCO President Gigi Smith said, “We applaud the Commission for moving forward on this important item and look forward to reviewing the order and further notice after it is adopted.”
Julie Thomas was a mother, nature-lover and devoted public safety communicator.
A dedicated dispatcher for Clackamas County 9-1-1-in Oregon City, Ore. will win this year’s Telecommunicator of the Year award.
APCO’s Ohio chapter’s longtime frequency adviser and APCO Life Member Paul Mayer has been selected to be part of the 2014 Class of Fellows by the board of directors of the Radio Club of America.
The IJIS Institute invites APCO 2014 participants to the IJIS Institute’s Mid-year Briefing, August 7-8, at the New Orleans Downtown Marriot at the Convention Center.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- 9-1-1 Operations at Center of Pickaway County (Ohio) Dispute July 23, 2014
- APCO Files to Revise PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale July 23, 2014
- APCO Releases Two Candidate Standards for Public Review and Comment July 23, 2014
- Zetron and EFJohnson Complete Successful CSSI Testing July 22, 2014
- APCO Statement on FCC Announcement to Address Text-to-911 at the August Open Meeting July 18, 2014
- Linda (Lin) D Ford: What a terrible tragedy and huge loss. May God wa...
- Mark Fletcher, ENP: With all of the hype an press around Texting to 91...
- Mary Messamore: My heart aches for you Shay and family, what a won...
- Tom Hanson: I was very saddened to hear of Gregg's passing. I...
- Paul Linnee: Over my nearly 40 years as an APCO member (Minneso...