Roadmap sets course for achieving a dispatchable location for 9-1-1.
Public review and comment period is an important step in the standard development process.
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Minimum Training Standard for TTY/TDD Use in the Public Safety Communications Center
Standard written in conjunction with the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Technician
Comments must be submitted by January 26, 2015.
APCO Applauds Commission’s Actions to Improve 9-1-1 Reliability and Ensure Public Safety Values are Preserved in the Technology Transition
Today, the Federal Communications Commission (Commission) launched two proceedings related to the provision of 9-1-1 services.
Since last Friday’s bulletin notifying you of APCO’s success in joining with NENA to reach a landmark consensus plan with the nation’s four largest carriers to improve wireless 9-1-1 location accuracy for both indoor and outdoor calls, we have made significant progress.
APCO and NENA Reach Consensus Plan with Major Wireless Carriers on Improvements to Locating 9-1-1 Callers
Today, the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International and the National Emergency Number Association have reached a consensus plan with the major wireless carriers that we will present to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for making significant progress in locating 9-1-1 callers in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Closing the 9-1-1 Location Accuracy Gap December 19, 2014
- Supervisors Seek Solution for Radio Malfunctions December 18, 2014
- Intergraph’s Computer-Aided Dispatch Solution Implemented by Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt December 18, 2014
- Tenn. Assembly Passes Uniform 9-1-1 Surcharge December 16, 2014
- APCO Files Comments on Value of Location Accuracy Roadmap December 15, 2014
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...