Alexandria, VA – Today, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler named Rear Admiral David Simpson as the new Chief of the FCC’s Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau. Chairman Wheeler also announced that former Bureau Chief David Turetsky will take on a new role as Coordinator of an informal task force on the FCC response to international […]
APCO enters into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the University of Melbourne to work cooperatively in the development of training, higher education and research in the public safety realm.
Hot Products is a showcase of the new and innovative products on display at APCO International’s Annual Conference & Expo.
Yesterday, the United States Senate confirmed Tom Wheeler as Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Mike O’Rielly as an FCC Commissioner, providing the agency with a full complement of Commissioners since the departure of former Chairman Julius Genachowski and Commissioner Robert McDowell earlier this year.
Recently the New Jersey Office of Emergency Telecommunications Services (NJ-OETS) approved APCO’s 9-1-1 Adviser as a software solution that New Jersey public safety answering points (PSAPs) may use to electronically triage EMD calls.
APCO International released for comments a Candidate American National Standard (ANS) that identifies a list of “Common Disposition Codes for Data Exchange.”
PCO President Gigi Smith is issuing this statement following a meeting today of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) where a new rulemaking was initiated that would require wireless carriers to release certain outage information.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Colorado Theater Shooting: Dispatchers Recount Night of Horror July 24, 2012
- Cassidian Successfully Performs Four Long Term Evolution (LTE) Trials for International Public Safety Organizations December 10, 2013
- Call for Nominations December 10, 2013
- Life Skills: Surviving Seasonal Stress December 09, 2013
- NowForce Now Part of iCERT December 09, 2013
- TIA Urges Senate Communications Subcommittee to Support Broadband Adoption December 09, 2013
- Soapbox Jill: Do you care that you are exposing people to yet mo...
- Michael Bian: Outsourcing has become one of the hottest topics i...
- Tom: Merry Christmas everyone...
- Gurjender singh: Thanks for your great information, the contents ar...
- Tina: Awesome article! I truly think a lot of superviso...