There is still time to nominate your outstanding colleagues and teams for world-wide recognition in public safety communications.
In case you missed the recent webinar explaining the many exciting APCO committees and the process for application, here is a rundown of how you can become more involved with APCO.
Multi-stakeholder effort included the Department of Commerce, FirstNet, public safety practitioners, and industry experts.
Today, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proposed rules and launched a further inquiry to ensure that accurate caller location information is automatically provided to public safety officials for all wireless calls to 9-1-1, including indoor calls.
Prince William County Public Safety Communications has met the minimum training standards for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International Project 33 Training Program Certification-2010 (P33 Certification) and has been awarded certification as of February 7, 2014.
The National Institute of Justice seeks to promote the development and evaluation of criminal justice software applications that are compatible with ultra high-speed (UHS) networks of 100Mbps symmetrical up to 1Gbps symmetrical.
Today, APCO President Gigi Smith served as an invited witness at a hearing entitled “Locating 911 Callers in a Wireless World,” held by the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet. The hearing focused on the unique location accuracy issues associated with calling 9-1-1 from wireless phones. […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- APCO Award Nominations Reminder – Deadline April 1 March 06, 2014
- 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Father Deliver Baby March 06, 2014
- Zetron Exceeds 2 Million Hours of P25 CSSI-based Operation March 05, 2014
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Nita Lapihuska March 05, 2014
- “Tapping” Method Helps Telecommunicator Find Caller March 04, 2014
- KenStarr: Prince William County....where?...
- JOCOHA: Gave me chills. the best by far description of my ...
- Randy: I was always under impression that communications ...
- J Eshé: Thank you Cindra. One of the BEST articles I've re...
- Anthony Notarino III: Officers should be on the road, not answering phon...