The first meeting of the Task Force is scheduled to take place on January 26, 2015.
Devine, a long-standing APCO member, has an extensive background in the public safety communications sector.
The Federal Communications Commission and Department of Homeland Security have issued a joint bulletin on cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi and other signal jammers. Signal jammers are illegal and can interfere with operational channels commonly used by first responders, disrupting vital communications or affecting emergency operations.
Roadmap sets course for achieving a dispatchable location for 9-1-1.
Public review and comment period is an important step in the standard development process.
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Minimum Training Standard for TTY/TDD Use in the Public Safety Communications Center
Standard written in conjunction with the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Technician
Comments must be submitted by January 26, 2015.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Kyra Pulliam’s Heartstrings Pulled Her Back to Dispatching January 23, 2015
- Mutualink Tactical Collaboration Nodes to Power First-Ever Public Safety Grade Mobile 4G LTE Network for the State of New Jersey January 22, 2015
- L-com adds Cat6, 5e and 5 PoE Injectors with Power Supplies January 22, 2015
- Mobile Responder Now Available on Microsoft Windows Devices January 20, 2015
- Upgrade to New World ‘makes us better, faster and smarter’ January 19, 2015
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...