David Binns was an active Commercial Member of APCO for more than 30 years, and was a familiar face on the APCO conference exhibit floor, always with a big Texas smile and welcoming handshake.
Moesch exhibited integrity, reliability, dependability and dedication throughout his APCO career.
Public safety agencies utilize P33 Certification as a formal mechanism to ensure their training programs meet APCO American National Standards (ANS). Initial and continuing training for public safety telecommunicators is important as they provide essential services to the public in an expanding and rapidly changing environment.
National Institute of Standards and Technology Seeks Input Following APCO Workshop on App Security Requirements
Members of the public are now invited to comment on the draft summary of NISTIR 8018, which describes the workshop and captures input received from workshop attendees.
The PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale will ensure the standard addresses the current state of the industry, including new and emerging operational issues and procedures.
APCO International released two standards for public review and comment: Public Safety Communications Common Status Codes for Data Exchange, and Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
APCO President Gigi Smith said, “We applaud the Commission for moving forward on this important item and look forward to reviewing the order and further notice after it is adopted.”
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron System Utilizing CSSI Tests Successfully with Harris P25 Phase-II Network August 28, 2014
- Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate Seeks Public Input August 27, 2014
- Interim Ebola Virus Disease Guidance for 9-1-1 PSAPs, EMS and Medical First Responders Now Available August 27, 2014
- Waterville (Maine) Steps Up Dispatcher Training for Missing Children August 27, 2014
- Training to Cap 9-1-1 Merger in Pittsburgh & Allegheny County (Pa.) August 27, 2014
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...
- Darrell Pratt: Regarding this story, it was not in Texas. This is...
- Karen Morris: Julie Thomas was a person you could meet once and ...
- ISABEL: I'm so proud of you Pat and it's about time that y...
- Bob Roberts: Cool!!!!!!...