Longtime APCO member Marsha Ann Pacolt, 67, died Aug. 23 in Rochester, Minnesota after a battle with cancer. Mrs. Pacolt served as vice president of the Minnesota APCO Chapter from 2008-2014. She had also served on the joint APCO-MSA-NENA conference training committee since its inception in 2007. Prior to that, she served on many APCO training […]
As a history-making polar explorer, mountaineer, and former Wall Street executive, Alison Levine knows what it takes to be a part of a successful team. She not only served as team captain of the first American Women’s Everest Expedition, but she also climbed the highest peak on each continent and skied to both the North […]
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler told the nation’s largest public safety association last week that the implementation of next-generation 9-1-1 isn’t moving quickly enough for the betterment of public safety, and said Congress must step in to accelerate the process with legislation designed to help further the essential shared mission of public safety. Wheeler […]
One of the most talked-about topics and heavily attended sessions during last week’s APCO International Conference & Expo concerned the issue of 9-1-1 location accuracy, and its potential impact on public safety. Earlier this year, the FCC adopted new rules that require wireless service providers to improve 9‑1-1 location accuracy. The FCC’s rules were based […]
The 2015 APCO International Conference & Expo concluded Wednesday night with similar grand fanfare that accompanied the entire conference. Along with high-quality, informative conference sessions ranging from how to cope with stress in the workplace to updates on the merging FirstNet system, the conference also boasted keynotes speakers such as former United States Secretary of […]
Brent Lee was officially sworn in as President of APCO International Wednesday, making a point to thank his wife Penny, saying “She has been my sounding board, my confidant, my rock for the past two years and God willing will continue for the next two.” Lee told the audience attending the President’s Dinner at the […]
The APCO outgoing President is given the opportunity to publicly recognize an individual or group who has provided a special service or contribution to the Association during the President’s term in office, and on Wednesday night John Wright chose to present two Presidential Awards. The first was presented to the entire APCO staff. “While many […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Communications During a Large-Scale Mass Casualty Incident August 28, 2015
- Silent Key: Marsha Ann Pacolt August 27, 2015
- Explorer, Business Leader Alison Levine Gives Life Lessons on Successful Leadership August 24, 2015
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler Tells APCO Members Failure is Not an Option in Next Generation 9-1-1 August 24, 2015
- 9-1-1 Location Accuracy Critical to Industry August 24, 2015
- Linda S. Brown: That was a very well written, amazing article!...
- Chaf: As an employee of Lloyd''s for the past ten years,...
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...