On the evening of May 14, APCO International held its 9th Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership in Policy Awards Dinner at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. The elegant evening began with a reception sponsored by AT&T at 6 p.m. and was followed by a seated dinner. Before dinner, APCO President Terry Hall welcomed [...]
Alexandria, Va. – On Sunday, April 28, 2013, representatives from APCO International, APCO Australasia, British APCO, and APCO Canada met for the Presidents Council meeting of the APCO Global Alliance in Manchester, England. The Alliance agreed unanimously to support APCO’s new public safety application website, AppComm, and have consented to submit apps to be included [...]
On April 23, 2013, APCO International sent a press release announcing the launch of the Application Community – “AppComm” – a website dedicated to public safety and emergency response apps for use by the general public, app developers, and first responders. Since the announcement, APCO has received an overwhelming response from thought leaders across the [...]
One of the core goals of the president’s Safety Data Initiative is to empower first responders and the public with information to make the safest and smartest decisions when they need it. In support of this goal, there has been a proliferation of innovative public safety apps—a number of which have been highlighted at the OSTP-supported Safety Datapalooza—using open data from local governments and federal agencies.
WASHINGTON – The First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) Board announced today the hiring of Bill D’Agostino, Jr. to be its General Manager. D’Agostino is an accomplished telecommunications and wireless industry executive, with 33 years of experience designing, operating and upgrading telecommunications networks. “I’m very pleased that Bill has joined FirstNet as our General Manager,” said [...]
Today APCO International launched the Application Community – “AppComm” – a new website dedicated to public safety and emergency response apps for use by the general public, app developers, and first responders. AppComm is the single, trusted online forum where public safety professionals, the general public, and app developers can rate and comment on apps, [...]
To commemorate National Public Safety Telecommunications Week (NPSTW), the APCO International Executive Committee—President Terry Hall, First Vice President Gigi Smith, Second Vice President John Wright and Immediate Past President Gregg Riddle—visited various locations around the Boston, Newtown, Conn., and New York City areas.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Colorado Theater Shooting: Dispatchers Recount Night of Horror July 24, 2012
- Attention Telecommunicators: Looking for Survey Participants May 21, 2013
- Pepro Builds Connections across the Northern Border May 21, 2013
- Panasonic Upgrades Toughbook H2 Rugged Handheld Tablet PC May 21, 2013
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Selects AtHoc IWSAlerts for Enterprise-Wide Emergency Mass Notification System Supporting 60,000 CBP Agents and Personnel Nationwide May 21, 2013
- Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center Solution Keeps Public Safety One Step Ahead of Criminals through Proactive Policing May 21, 2013
- Mark Lee: Amen, Natalie....
- ohio pd: The PD where I work has 15 officers and 6 radios.W...
- natalie: I hate to second guess call takers but really? Th...
- DETerrell, SGT: >The selected divisions’ sergeants were intervi...
- Emerson Network Power: Emerson Network Power provides Liebert IT and data...