Communities across the U.S. will recognize those who help save lives in times of personal or national crisis during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW), April 13 – 19, 2014.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International announces the recipients of its prestigious 2014 Public Safety Leadership in Policy Awards, who will be honored during APCO’s Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership Dinner in Washington, DC on May 6, 2014.
Charlotte Fire Communications has met the minimum training standards for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International P33 Certification.
There is still time to nominate your outstanding colleagues and teams for world-wide recognition in public safety communications.
In case you missed the recent webinar explaining the many exciting APCO committees and the process for application, here is a rundown of how you can become more involved with APCO.
Multi-stakeholder effort included the Department of Commerce, FirstNet, public safety practitioners, and industry experts.
Today, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proposed rules and launched a further inquiry to ensure that accurate caller location information is automatically provided to public safety officials for all wireless calls to 9-1-1, including indoor calls.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Celebrating National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week! April 17, 2014
- Putnam County (W.Va.) 9-1-1 Mapping Project Nears Completion April 16, 2014
- Milwaukee Phone Scam Bounces People to 9-1-1 April 16, 2014
- FCC Announces Workshop on Technology Transition and Public Safety April 16, 2014
- Arizona First Responders Link Up with Wireless System April 16, 2014
- Linda D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family, coworkers and...
- Garry VanDerHeyden: Lot of truth in that!!...
- Lshumpert: Great job, hidden hero great title...
- Linda D Ford: This is a civil liability suit just waiting to hap...
- Randy Kaminsky: Sounds like the people of Steuben County have a re...