Some highlights in the revision include the addition of data elements to accommodate the introduction of a Message Broker, a standardized list of message status terminology, an expanded list of alarm event types, and the capture of an alarm service organization name.
Honoring former president of the Kansas chapter of APCO
Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced five new members of the FirstNet Board of Directors. Secretary Pritzker appointed Sheriff Richard Stanek of Hennepin County, Minnesota, Chief of Police Chris Burbank of Salt Lake City, Utah, former Vermont Governor James Douglas, Mayor Annise Parker of Houston, Texas, and technology executive Frank Plastina. Additionally, Secretary Pritzker reappointed Ed Reynolds, who is one of the board’s inaugural members.
“Red” Button was a public safety dispatcher, APCO member and trainer for the Mansfield Fire and Police Departments.
David Binns was an active Commercial Member of APCO for more than 30 years, and was a familiar face on the APCO conference exhibit floor, always with a big Texas smile and welcoming handshake.
Moesch exhibited integrity, reliability, dependability and dedication throughout his APCO career.
Public safety agencies utilize P33 Certification as a formal mechanism to ensure their training programs meet APCO American National Standards (ANS). Initial and continuing training for public safety telecommunicators is important as they provide essential services to the public in an expanding and rapidly changing environment.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Codan Launches Quicker, More Robust Long Range Communications September 30, 2014
- FCC Issues Final Rule on Framework for Next Generation 911 Deployment Provision September 26, 2014
- TriTech Software & Medlert Inc. Announce Integration Plans September 26, 2014
- Franklin County (Maine) Approves Tax Money for Communications Study September 26, 2014
- New York Agency to Use Spillman Software for Efficient, County-Wide Data Sharing September 23, 2014
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...