James City County (VA) has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) program, becoming the second county in the United States to implement ASAP. SunGard Public Sector completed its first ASAP integration solution with SunGard’s ONESolution CAD for James City County’s Emergency Communications Center. ASAP is an American National Standard developed by APCO and the Central Station Alarm Association that streamlines the delivery of alarm notifications between alarm monitoring companies and 9-1-1 PSAPs.
SunGard Becomes the Newest CAD Provider to Offer an Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Interface Solution
Washington DC’s Office of Unified Communications has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol program, becoming the second largest PSAP to implement ASAP.
On Sept. 15, 2012, a woman who lives in Kent County, Mich., contacted the sheriff’s office and reported that someone was stalking her. Deputies contacted a local Videofied dealer and borrowed a video alarm system monitored by a CSAA central station.
Spillman Technologies and Tiburon have joined the ranks of other top tier CAD providers that have stepped up to gain the knowledge necessary to develop a successful ASAP interface solution between their CAD customers and alarm monitoring companies.
ASAP to PSAP: Educational Sessions about the ASAP Project Offered at Annual APCO Conference, But Which One Is Right for You?
APCO’s PSC eNews, dated June 29, 2012, announced a new pre-conference course offered to CAD providers and their technical staff who want the necessary technical information to develop an interface product solution in support of their PSAP customers who want to take advantage of the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP). Since that announcement, a few […]
In concert with the APCO International 78th Annual Conference & Expo, APCO is pleased to announce a preconference course designed for providers of computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems in learning more about the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) and requirements for creating a successful interface. The course is intended to streamline ASAP interface development by CAD […]
The month of May has been a busy month for the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) program. Efforts are underway to migrate all Nlets directly connected alarm monitoring companies to the new Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) managed Message Broker. In concert with this effort, CAD providers that have an ASAP interface solution have been […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- APCO Award Nominations Reminder – Deadline April 1 March 06, 2014
- 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Father Deliver Baby March 06, 2014
- Zetron Exceeds 2 Million Hours of P25 CSSI-based Operation March 05, 2014
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Nita Lapihuska March 05, 2014
- “Tapping” Method Helps Telecommunicator Find Caller March 04, 2014
- KenStarr: Prince William County....where?...
- JOCOHA: Gave me chills. the best by far description of my ...
- Randy: I was always under impression that communications ...
- J Eshé: Thank you Cindra. One of the BEST articles I've re...
- Anthony Notarino III: Officers should be on the road, not answering phon...