Quick thinking from the CAD Core team allowed authorities to track and locate the missing apparatus.
Morgan County, Ala. received its first production alarm call directly into ONESolution CAD on Friday, August 8.
SunGard Becomes the Newest CAD Provider to Offer an Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Interface Solution
James City County (VA) has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) program, becoming the second county in the United States to implement ASAP. SunGard Public Sector completed its first ASAP integration solution with SunGard’s ONESolution CAD for James City County’s Emergency Communications Center. ASAP is an American National Standard developed by APCO and the Central Station Alarm Association that streamlines the delivery of alarm notifications between alarm monitoring companies and 9-1-1 PSAPs.
Washington DC’s Office of Unified Communications has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol program, becoming the second largest PSAP to implement ASAP.
On Sept. 15, 2012, a woman who lives in Kent County, Mich., contacted the sheriff’s office and reported that someone was stalking her. Deputies contacted a local Videofied dealer and borrowed a video alarm system monitored by a CSAA central station.
Spillman Technologies and Tiburon have joined the ranks of other top tier CAD providers that have stepped up to gain the knowledge necessary to develop a successful ASAP interface solution between their CAD customers and alarm monitoring companies.
ASAP to PSAP: Educational Sessions about the ASAP Project Offered at Annual APCO Conference, But Which One Is Right for You?
APCO’s PSC eNews, dated June 29, 2012, announced a new pre-conference course offered to CAD providers and their technical staff who want the necessary technical information to develop an interface product solution in support of their PSAP customers who want to take advantage of the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP). Since that announcement, a few […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Pai Remarks at the 12th Annual NG9-1-1 Honor Awards Gala to Celebrate Heroes and Leaders in 9-1-1 February 27, 2015
- Sonim Ultra-rugged, FirstNet-Ready Smartphones To Be Used in Denver-area Demonstration of New Public Safety Network February 26, 2015
- Silent Key: Debbie Caruthers February 24, 2015
- Otsego County, NY, chooses Tait Communications February 20, 2015
- Red Bluff (Calif.) Police Get Phony 9-1-1 Call February 19, 2015
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...