Quick thinking from the CAD Core team allowed authorities to track and locate the missing apparatus.
Morgan County, Ala. received its first production alarm call directly into ONESolution CAD on Friday, August 8.
SunGard Becomes the Newest CAD Provider to Offer an Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Interface Solution
James City County (VA) has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) program, becoming the second county in the United States to implement ASAP. SunGard Public Sector completed its first ASAP integration solution with SunGard’s ONESolution CAD for James City County’s Emergency Communications Center. ASAP is an American National Standard developed by APCO and the Central Station Alarm Association that streamlines the delivery of alarm notifications between alarm monitoring companies and 9-1-1 PSAPs.
Washington DC’s Office of Unified Communications has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol program, becoming the second largest PSAP to implement ASAP.
On Sept. 15, 2012, a woman who lives in Kent County, Mich., contacted the sheriff’s office and reported that someone was stalking her. Deputies contacted a local Videofied dealer and borrowed a video alarm system monitored by a CSAA central station.
Spillman Technologies and Tiburon have joined the ranks of other top tier CAD providers that have stepped up to gain the knowledge necessary to develop a successful ASAP interface solution between their CAD customers and alarm monitoring companies.
ASAP to PSAP: Educational Sessions about the ASAP Project Offered at Annual APCO Conference, But Which One Is Right for You?
APCO’s PSC eNews, dated June 29, 2012, announced a new pre-conference course offered to CAD providers and their technical staff who want the necessary technical information to develop an interface product solution in support of their PSAP customers who want to take advantage of the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP). Since that announcement, a few […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage October 17, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatch Workers Sent to Hospital in Arlington Heights (Ill.) October 17, 2014
- Accidental Dial to 9-1-1 Leads Deputies to Meth Lab October 17, 2014
- The Code Green Campaign Brings Awareness to PTSD and Suicide in Public Safety October 16, 2014
- US Digital Designs Enhances Phoenix G2 Fire Station Alerting System with New Products October 16, 2014
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...