After only 90 days in operation, Henrico has received 630 alarm notifications via the ASAP Service.
Quick thinking from the CAD Core team allowed authorities to track and locate the missing apparatus.
Morgan County, Ala. received its first production alarm call directly into ONESolution CAD on Friday, August 8.
SunGard Becomes the Newest CAD Provider to Offer an Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Interface Solution
James City County (VA) has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) program, becoming the second county in the United States to implement ASAP. SunGard Public Sector completed its first ASAP integration solution with SunGard’s ONESolution CAD for James City County’s Emergency Communications Center. ASAP is an American National Standard developed by APCO and the Central Station Alarm Association that streamlines the delivery of alarm notifications between alarm monitoring companies and 9-1-1 PSAPs.
Washington DC’s Office of Unified Communications has gone live with the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol program, becoming the second largest PSAP to implement ASAP.
On Sept. 15, 2012, a woman who lives in Kent County, Mich., contacted the sheriff’s office and reported that someone was stalking her. Deputies contacted a local Videofied dealer and borrowed a video alarm system monitored by a CSAA central station.
Spillman Technologies and Tiburon have joined the ranks of other top tier CAD providers that have stepped up to gain the knowledge necessary to develop a successful ASAP interface solution between their CAD customers and alarm monitoring companies.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Regional Emergency Dispatch Authority, NM, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Tompkins County Department of Emergency Response, NY, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Valley Communications Center, WA, Receives APCO Agency Training Program Certification (P33) May 28, 2015
- Pasco 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Helps Man Save Dad with CPR May 27, 2015
- Pinal County Extends Federal Engineering’s Contract to Include Mobile Radio Procurement & Implementation May 26, 2015
- Gina Myers: March 31, 2015 I've just recently starting work...
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...