Today, the Federal Communications Commission (Commission) launched two proceedings related to the provision of 9-1-1 services.
APCO Applauds Commission’s Actions to Improve 9-1-1 Reliability and Ensure Public Safety Values are Preserved in the Technology Transition
Since last Friday’s bulletin notifying you of APCO’s success in joining with NENA to reach a landmark consensus plan with the nation’s four largest carriers to improve wireless 9-1-1 location accuracy for both indoor and outdoor calls, we have made significant progress.
APCO and NENA Reach Consensus Plan with Major Wireless Carriers on Improvements to Locating 9-1-1 Callers
Today, the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International and the National Emergency Number Association have reached a consensus plan with the major wireless carriers that we will present to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for making significant progress in locating 9-1-1 callers in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Revised NECP addresses highly relevant aspects of recent and anticipated developments in emergency communications.
We are sad to pass on the news that public safety telecommunicator and APCO member Cynde McMurray passed away on October 27.
Please take the time to nominate your colleagues for the recognition they deserve.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2014: Guidance for Public Safety Communications Professionals
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month and is intended to remind everyone to be vigilant and safeguard their networks and the information passed over their networks. APCO has put out a white paper to provide information for public safety communications professionals on the ongoing threats to their networks and recommends ways to prevent, mitigate, […]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- 9-1-1 Dispatchers Go Up in the Mountains for a Lesson on Backcounty Rescues November 24, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatchers Go Up in the Mountains for a Lesson on Backcountry Rescues November 24, 2014
- West Coast Agency Selects Intergraph Public Safety Solutions for Consolidated Dispatch November 24, 2014
- Life Skills: When Should You Stay Home Sick From Work? November 24, 2014
- APCO Applauds Commission’s Actions to Improve 9-1-1 Reliability and Ensure Public Safety Values are Preserved in the Technology Transition November 21, 2014
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...