It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Charleston County’s Radio Systems Manager Larry Britton Tuesday.
Honoring former president of the Kansas chapter of APCO
Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced five new members of the FirstNet Board of Directors. Secretary Pritzker appointed Sheriff Richard Stanek of Hennepin County, Minnesota, Chief of Police Chris Burbank of Salt Lake City, Utah, former Vermont Governor James Douglas, Mayor Annise Parker of Houston, Texas, and technology executive Frank Plastina. Additionally, Secretary Pritzker reappointed Ed Reynolds, who is one of the board’s inaugural members.
“Red” Button was a public safety dispatcher, APCO member and trainer for the Mansfield Fire and Police Departments.
Public safety agencies utilize P33 Certification as a formal mechanism to ensure their training programs meet APCO American National Standards (ANS). Initial and continuing training for public safety telecommunicators is important as they provide essential services to the public in an expanding and rapidly changing environment.
National Institute of Standards and Technology Seeks Input Following APCO Workshop on App Security Requirements
Members of the public are now invited to comment on the draft summary of NISTIR 8018, which describes the workshop and captures input received from workshop attendees.
“I’ve been humbled by your dedication and impressed by your hard work, ” says outgoing APCO President Gigi Smith.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- 9-1-1 System Adds Automated Message to Discourage Hang-Ups September 12, 2014
- E-911 Communications Equipment Pact OK’d September 12, 2014
- Silent Key: Larry Britton September 11, 2014
- Asnuntuck Community College Launches Public Safety Dispatch Program September 09, 2014
- Silent Key: James “Jimmy” Allen Reed September 09, 2014
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...