APCO International has received a Vulnerability Note as a member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)- National Coordinating Center for Communications (NCC) Communications Information Sharing & Analysis Center (COMM-ISAC). As this vulnerability could impact our membership, APCO is sharing the following information from DHS. This bulletin is intended for dissemination to public safety answering points (PSAPs), emergency communications centers, and public safety personnel.
APCO Senior Member Lloyd Fayling died suddenly last evening, July 26, in an apparent reaction to wasp or bee stings while at home. His accidental death brings to an abrupt close an illustrious career in public safety, which began in 1964 as a patrol officer in his hometown of Kalamazoo. Two years later, Lloyd joined […]
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on July 14, 2015 for an American National Standard (ANS) that identifies deployment requirements for telecommunicator emergency response teams.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on July 14, 2015 for an American National Standard (ANS) that identifies minimum training for public safety telecommunicators.
SAFECOM is a public safety driven initiative with a mission to improve multi-jurisdictional communications and interoperability for public safety responders during an emergency or disaster.
APCO Seeks Workgroup Members to Create a Standard for the Use of TTY/TDD or Similar Devices in the Comm Center
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International filed a Project Initiation Notification to create Minimum Operational Standards for the Use of TTY/TDD or similar device in the public safety communications center.
APCO Seeks Workgroup Members to Revise a Standard for Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Service Criteria Rating Scale
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International filed a Project Initiation Notification to revise a standard for Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron Releases New AcomNOVUS Console System July 30, 2015
- TCS Acquires Indoor Location Assets from Loctronix July 29, 2015
- Dubuque E9-1-1 Center Seeks New Communication System July 29, 2015
- Important Bulletin: Fiat-Chrysler Automotive UConnect Allows a Vehicle To Be Remotely Controlled July 27, 2015
- Silent Key: Lloyd Fayling July 27, 2015
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...
- Arlene: Well said Cindra.....I'm retired now but was a pol...
- Peter: Cindra; I used to work ar the Stockholm Police Com...