San Diego, Calif. – Public Safety Communications (PSC), the official magazine of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International, announces its selections for 2012 Hot Products. The products, displayed at APCO International’s 78th Annual Conference & Expo in Minneapolis in August, will be featured in the November issue of PSC.
This year, 57 companies submitted 73 products for consideration in the Hot Products review opportunity. Of these, 25 entries were selected as Hot Products:
- Avtec Inc.: Scout Frontier
- BrightPlanet Corp.: Social Media Monitor for Law Enforcement
- Cassidian Communications: Broadband Vehicle Router 700
- Console Cleaning Specialists (CCS)
- DSS Corp.: Equature NG9-1-1 MCC7500 Radio Recording Module
- Eventide Inc.: NexLog Recorders for P25
- General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies: R8000B Communications System Analyzer
- Global Technology Systems: H-4077-LiP NEOCELL
- Harris: BeOn
- Intergraph Corp.: I/CAD 9.2
- Mentum: Cityscapes HD
- Motorola: LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld
- MP Antenna LTD: Omni Dual Band-N (2–3GHz, 4.9–5.9GHz)
- NetMotion Wireless: Locality
- New World Systems: Aegis Decision Support & Dashboards
- NICE Systems: NICE Inform version 5
- Plantronics: SAVI 700 Series Headset Systems
- Russ Bassett: Desience Flex
- SAVE Corp.: Mini-Comm Phone Radio Simulation Software
- Stancil Solutions: Logger Web Player
- TC Communications: Emergency Telephone Line Bridge
- TriTech Software Systems: Inform IQ
- Watson: Mercury
- Voice Print International (VPI): EMPOWER 9-1-1 v.5.3
- Xybix Systems Inc.: Antimicrobial Worksurface & Airborne Germ Eliminator
Hot Products was established as an annual editorial program by APCO International and Public Safety Communications in 2007. During the annual APCO International conference, an anonymous editorial review team roams the exhibit hall, specifically examining new products submitted for review. After the conference, reviews are compiled and discussed, and the editor and the APCO Editorial Advisory Committee select the best new products to be featured in the Hot Products article in the November issue of PSC. For purposes of this feature, “new” is defined as having been released or substantially revised since the previous conference (the prior August).
The review team is made up of public safety communications professionals. They look for substantial improvements over previous releases, features that will make their jobs easier or improve safety and health for both telecommunicators and personnel in the field, and products that meet a newly identified need.
About APCO International™ (www.apcointl.org)
APCO International is the world’s largest organization of public safety communications professionals. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide – and the welfare of the general public as a whole – by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach.