Today, the Federal Communications Commission (Commission) launched two proceedings related to the provision of 9-1-1 services.
APCO Applauds Commission’s Actions to Improve 9-1-1 Reliability and Ensure Public Safety Values are Preserved in the Technology Transition
By the first week of December, Butler County will be part of an evolving network of counties that share telephone routing equipment for their 9-1-1 dispatch centers.
Since last Friday’s bulletin notifying you of APCO’s success in joining with NENA to reach a landmark consensus plan with the nation’s four largest carriers to improve wireless 9-1-1 location accuracy for both indoor and outdoor calls, we have made significant progress.
Guidelines for bystanders before responders arrive cited at Heart Association meeting.
The Tait portables and mobiles will provide Lexington’s police officers with enhanced audio quality, noise reduction and encrypted connections.
The network roll-out will commence in London before expanding to the South East and other key metropolitan areas.
APCO and NENA Reach Consensus Plan with Major Wireless Carriers on Improvements to Locating 9-1-1 Callers
Today, the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International and the National Emergency Number Association have reached a consensus plan with the major wireless carriers that we will present to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for making significant progress in locating 9-1-1 callers in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Applauds Commission’s Actions to Improve 9-1-1 Reliability and Ensure Public Safety Values are Preserved in the Technology Transition November 21, 2014
- Pa. County to Join Growing 9-1-1 Network November 21, 2014
- FCC Signals Support, Issues Public Notice on APCO, NENA, Carriers Location Accuracy Plan November 20, 2014
- AZ Research Shows 9-1-1 Dispatchers Giving CPR Instruction Saves Lives November 18, 2014
- Lexington (Ky.) Public Safety Agencies No Longer Hamstrung by Proprietary Comm System November 18, 2014
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...