With a shortage of dispatchers and high turnover rates in those positions, we look in on a training class, talk to the instructor and some of the trainees about the difficulties and stress of being a 9-1-1 dispatcher.
Zetron will give live demonstrations of its new P25 DFSI Pathway at the annual APCO conference in New Orleans, La., Aug. 4-6, 2014. Pathway allows up to four control stations or console systems using the open-standards-based DFSI protocol to connect to a single DFSI base station.
North Memorial Ambulance Services (Minn.) Finds 24/7 Scheduling Access, via Aladtec, a Valuable Department Asset
Altadec makes chaotic scheduling easier to manage.
Digital Data Technologies, Inc. Provides Geospatial Components for NG9-1-1 System in Morgan County, Ohio
Morgan County, Ohio will benefit from the latest developments in NG9-1-1.
The 9-1-1 committee has been exploring for more than a year whether to consolidate the city police and sheriff’s dispatching operations under one roof.
The PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale will ensure the standard addresses the current state of the industry, including new and emerging operational issues and procedures.
APCO International released two standards for public review and comment: Public Safety Communications Common Status Codes for Data Exchange, and Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- 9-1-1 Center Short on Dispatchers July 25, 2014
- Zetron to Demo New DFSI Pathway Live at APCO July 25, 2014
- North Memorial Ambulance Services (Minn.) Finds 24/7 Scheduling Access, via Aladtec, a Valuable Department Asset July 25, 2014
- Digital Data Technologies, Inc. Provides Geospatial Components for NG9-1-1 System in Morgan County, Ohio July 25, 2014
- 9-1-1 Operations at Center of Pickaway County (Ohio) Dispute July 23, 2014
- Linda (Lin) D Ford: What a terrible tragedy and huge loss. May God wa...
- Mark Fletcher, ENP: With all of the hype an press around Texting to 91...
- Mary Messamore: My heart aches for you Shay and family, what a won...
- Tom Hanson: I was very saddened to hear of Gregg's passing. I...
- Paul Linnee: Over my nearly 40 years as an APCO member (Minneso...