Roxbury and Byron (Maine) officials met Tuesday morning with emergency responders and a communications consultant from Gray to figure out how to enhance public safety.
Meyers’ diversified career experience has enabled her to find a satisfying career nicheMeyers’ diversified career experience has enabled her to find a satisfying career niche.
A new $26 million Project 25 (P25) communications system from Motorola Solutions has now been implemented by LVMPD to help officers communicate clearly and reliably in any situation, whether it’s an issue in the rugged outlying areas of Clark County, a crowded casino or in one of 150,000 guest rooms in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas, NV – March 18, 2015 – Two leading Land Mobile Radio (LMR) application developers announced a partnership agreement today that expands the capabilities available to dispatchers using the MOTOTRBO™ platform. Through this partnership, Avtec Inc., a leading provider of voice dispatch solutions, and NeoTerra, a leading application developer for digital mobile radio systems, […]
Kodiak, a leading provider of broadband push-to-talk solutions, and Avtec, a leading provider of pure Internet Protocol (IP) dispatch console systems, announced today that they are partnering in the development of a wireline IP interface to provide advanced integration between the Kodiak Broadband PTT solution and the Avtec Scout™ dispatch console. The IP interface will allow smartphones, feature phones, and purpose built devices connected to the Kodiak Broadband PTT solution to communicate with talk groups and other land mobile radio (LMR) systems connected to the Avtec Scout dispatch consoles.
Miami County public safety leaders and elected officials will be hearing more about options for how police, fire and EMS workers communicate on the job.
Hartford Police Department, WI, has met the minimum training standards for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International Project 33 Agency Training Program Certification-2010 (P33 Certification) and has been awarded certification as of March 18, 2015.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Maine Officials Seek Remedy for Communications Deadzones March 26, 2015
- Telecommunicator Spotlight: Jen Meyers Is Back Where She Belongs March 26, 2015
- Las Vegas Metro Police Switch to Motorola Solutions March 24, 2015
- Avtec and NeoTerra Partnership Provides Enhanced Dispatching Capabilities March 24, 2015
- Kodiak and Avtec Partner for Enhanced Broadband PTT and Scout Console Integration March 24, 2015
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...