The Dubuque County (Iowa) Board of Supervisors pressed the county`s secondary roads department staff to increase priority on fixing malfunctioning radio equipment. The supervisors on Monday heard from Dubuque County Road Maintenance Superintendent Chad Danielson that a newly installed radio system that enables Dubuque County`s 9-1-1 dispatchers to communicate with snow plow drivers is not […]
Computer-aided dispatch solution provides emergency dispatching and integration with local public safety community while improving situational awareness on base.
Surcharge to support 9-1-1 dispatch system upgrades.
Roadmap sets course for achieving a dispatchable location for 9-1-1.
Public review and comment period is an important step in the standard development process.
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Minimum Training Standard for TTY/TDD Use in the Public Safety Communications Center
Standard written in conjunction with the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Technician
Comments must be submitted by January 26, 2015.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Supervisors Seek Solution for Radio Malfunctions December 18, 2014
- Intergraph’s Computer-Aided Dispatch Solution Implemented by Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt December 18, 2014
- Tenn. Assembly Passes Uniform 9-1-1 Surcharge December 16, 2014
- APCO Files Comments on Value of Location Accuracy Roadmap December 15, 2014
- APCO Files Project Initiation Notifications for Two Standard Revisions December 12, 2014
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...