The 9-1-1 committee has been exploring for more than a year whether to consolidate the city police and sheriff’s dispatching operations under one roof.
The PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale will ensure the standard addresses the current state of the industry, including new and emerging operational issues and procedures.
APCO International released two standards for public review and comment: Public Safety Communications Common Status Codes for Data Exchange, and Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
Successful testing of Zetron’s Advanced Communications (AcomEVO) system with EFJohnson’s P25 Console Subsystem Interface (CSSI) infrastructure confirms the two systems’ ability to integrate and interoperate seamlessly together.
APCO President Gigi Smith said, “We applaud the Commission for moving forward on this important item and look forward to reviewing the order and further notice after it is adopted.”
Congratulations to Gigi and to all of this year’s Fellows for this prestigious recognition in honor of your hard work!
The extensive testing confirmed that these solutions working together through the DFSI deliver higher levels of subscriber-unit feature control, including incoming status display, radio call alert (with acknowledgments), radio check, radio status check, radio monitor and radio enable/disable.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- 9-1-1 Operations at Center of Pickaway County (Ohio) Dispute July 23, 2014
- APCO Files to Revise PSAP Service Capability Criteria Rating Scale July 23, 2014
- APCO Releases Two Candidate Standards for Public Review and Comment July 23, 2014
- Zetron and EFJohnson Complete Successful CSSI Testing July 22, 2014
- APCO Statement on FCC Announcement to Address Text-to-911 at the August Open Meeting July 18, 2014
- Linda (Lin) D Ford: What a terrible tragedy and huge loss. May God wa...
- Mark Fletcher, ENP: With all of the hype an press around Texting to 91...
- Mary Messamore: My heart aches for you Shay and family, what a won...
- Tom Hanson: I was very saddened to hear of Gregg's passing. I...
- Paul Linnee: Over my nearly 40 years as an APCO member (Minneso...