Zetron announces the release of its new AcomNOVUS dispatch system. Utilizing an enterprise-class server architecture that supports the full use of IP technology, AcomNOVUS delivers the unmatched customization for which Zetron’s Acom platform is known in a high-capacity system that also offers the industry’s highest levels of availability.
TeleCommunication Systems (TCS) has announced the purchase of location-based technology and intellectual property from Loctronix, a small company specializing in indoor geolocation.
Faced with outdated radio equipment that must be replaced soon, emergency responders in Dubuque County say a recent veto by Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad will make it more difficult for local 9-1-1 dispatch centers to make necessary upgrades and meet federal standards.
APCO International has received a Vulnerability Note as a member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)- National Coordinating Center for Communications (NCC) Communications Information Sharing & Analysis Center (COMM-ISAC). As this vulnerability could impact our membership, APCO is sharing the following information from DHS. This bulletin is intended for dissemination to public safety answering points (PSAPs), emergency communications centers, and public safety personnel.
APCO Senior Member Lloyd Fayling died suddenly last evening, July 26, in an apparent reaction to wasp or bee stings while at home. His accidental death brings to an abrupt close an illustrious career in public safety, which began in 1964 as a patrol officer in his hometown of Kalamazoo. Two years later, Lloyd joined […]
The Kansas 9-1-1 Coordinating Council has awarded a contract to AT&T to provide a “Next Generation 9-1-1″ emergency communications system across the state.
Montgomery County has joined the small but growing list of jurisdictions nationwide offering 9-1-1 services by text message.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron Releases New AcomNOVUS Console System July 30, 2015
- TCS Acquires Indoor Location Assets from Loctronix July 29, 2015
- Dubuque E9-1-1 Center Seeks New Communication System July 29, 2015
- Important Bulletin: Fiat-Chrysler Automotive UConnect Allows a Vehicle To Be Remotely Controlled July 27, 2015
- Silent Key: Lloyd Fayling July 27, 2015
- Chaf: As an employee of Lloyd''s for the past ten years,...
- Linda (Lin) Ford: What a sad and heartbreaking loss for his family, ...
- Alex Whitaker: This is in Kentucky, not Indiana. It is just sout...
- Abby: Of course Dispatching is a profession and not a jo...
- Arlene: Well said Cindra.....I'm retired now but was a pol...