APCO President John Wright applauded the Bureau’s work, stating “the Bureau performed a commendable job in its careful review and attention to investigating the scope and causes of this outage, and APCO agrees that lapses like this need to be avoided at all costs.”
APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage
Seven Northwest Central Dispatch System employees in Arlington Heights (Ill.) were taken to a hospital after a non-toxic gas was sprayed into the room where they were working, authorities said.
Sometimes, good detective work and weeks of investigation are needed to nab suspected criminals. But other times all investigators need is 30 minutes to listen in on an accidental pocket dial to a 9-1-1 dispatch center.
The Code Green Campaign is working hard at #savingpublicsafety from PTSD, suicide, and other mental health issues by raising awareness amongst responders and the public.
USDD’s FSA Mobile App and other new Phoenix G2 fire station alerting products help instantly alert first responders.
APCO Announces Approval of Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
The standard provides a foundation for agencies to develop specific operational procedures and guidance for the use of social media in public safety answering points.
The public safety community suffered a great loss on Monday, October 13, 2014 when William “Bill” McCammon died unexpectedly during his sleep at the age of 61. McCammon was best known to APCO members through his work on D-Block and FirstNet.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Commends FCC Public Safety Bureau Report and Recommendations on Significant Multistate 9-1-1 Outage October 17, 2014
- 9-1-1 Dispatch Workers Sent to Hospital in Arlington Heights (Ill.) October 17, 2014
- Accidental Dial to 9-1-1 Leads Deputies to Meth Lab October 17, 2014
- The Code Green Campaign Brings Awareness to PTSD and Suicide in Public Safety October 16, 2014
- US Digital Designs Enhances Phoenix G2 Fire Station Alerting System with New Products October 16, 2014
- Britney: I am sitting here in tears with a smile on my face...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the members of the SC Cha...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to Mary and family and to me...
- Lin D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family. May "Red" re...
- Tboyd: Cindy, Thanks for telling it like it is. It i...