The success of the testing with Harris is only the most recent example of Zetron’s leadership in providing solutions that are open-standards based, cost effective, and designed to support customers’ evolving requirements.
The Science and Technology Directorate, the research and development arm of the Department of Homeland Security, is in the process of developing a new strategic plan to guide future R&D.
Interim Ebola Virus Disease Guidance for 9-1-1 PSAPs, EMS and Medical First Responders Now Available
Guidance for handling inquiries and responding to patients with suspected Ebola symptoms, and for keeping workers safe.
Dispatchers are now being given lists of specific questions to ask at the first report of a disappearance to get investigators on the right track earlier than in the past.
Dispatchers will start training next week to answer calls countywide. The dispatch center has two phone banks with separate dispatchers for calls from the city and calls from the rest of the county.
The software allows basic information collected by 9-1-1 dispatchers during an emergency call to be filled into reports. The software also gives crews mobile access to plans for certain buildings to help them more effectively respond to emergencies.
In its tenth year, LEEP has awarded some $123,000 in Dream scholarships to students showing a demonstrated interest in public service/law enforcement careers.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Zetron System Utilizing CSSI Tests Successfully with Harris P25 Phase-II Network August 28, 2014
- Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate Seeks Public Input August 27, 2014
- Interim Ebola Virus Disease Guidance for 9-1-1 PSAPs, EMS and Medical First Responders Now Available August 27, 2014
- Waterville (Maine) Steps Up Dispatcher Training for Missing Children August 27, 2014
- Training to Cap 9-1-1 Merger in Pittsburgh & Allegheny County (Pa.) August 27, 2014
- Eva: Wonderful article about a wonderful, caring and co...
- Darrell Pratt: Regarding this story, it was not in Texas. This is...
- Karen Morris: Julie Thomas was a person you could meet once and ...
- ISABEL: I'm so proud of you Pat and it's about time that y...
- Bob Roberts: Cool!!!!!!...