HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The public release of any photograph, videotape or digital recording related to last year’s deadly Newtown elementary school shooting would require the written consent of victims’ family members, according to a working draft of a bill released Wednesday by the governor’s office.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in South Florida say a man is charged with murder because he was overheard discussing the killing when his cellphone pocket-dialed 911.
Starting between 3 and 4 p.m. Wednesday and continuing until just after 8 p.m. that night, the local 911 system was flooded with “phantom” calls, Shelby County Emergency Communications director Raymond Chiozza said.
Columbus plans to consolidate its police and fire 911 call centers and replace uniformed dispatchers with civilians, a move that drew a threat of a political “bloodbath” from the firefighters’ union president.
FRESNO, Calif. — Two California men were in custody on Monday after accidentally dialing 911 on a cellphone before breaking into a car, authorities said.
Improving professionalism among dispatchers is the No. 1 goal for members of the New Hampshire Emergency Dispatcher’s Association (NHEDA).
The APCO ProCHRT Committee has partnered with Dr. Michelle Lilly to promote the second in a series of surveys geared toward examining post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and telecommunicators. The survey will begin June 1 and will be broken into two categories, one for trainees and one for experienced telecommunicators. If you are interested in participating in this landmark [...]
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- Colorado Theater Shooting: Dispatchers Recount Night of Horror July 24, 2012
- Conn. Bill Gives Families Say Over Newtown Records May 23, 2013
- Pocket-Dialing 911 Leads to Fla. Murder Charge May 23, 2013
- ‘Human Error’ Led to 9-1-1 Call Meltdown in Memphis, Tenn. May 23, 2013
- Civilians to Staff Combined 9-1-1 Call Center in Columbus, Ohio May 23, 2013
- California: Suspects Mistakenly Dial 9-1-1 During Crime May 23, 2013
- Mark Lee: Amen, Natalie....
- ohio pd: The PD where I work has 15 officers and 6 radios.W...
- natalie: I hate to second guess call takers but really? Th...
- DETerrell, SGT: >The selected divisions’ sergeants were intervi...
- Emerson Network Power: Emerson Network Power provides Liebert IT and data...