What a National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week it has been! Here at Public Safety Communications we’d like to thank you for all the work that you do, and highlight celebrations across the country.
The controversial 9-1-1 addressing project in Putnam County (W.Va.) is nearly complete, and officials are now turning their attention to fixing any mistakes before the finalized addresses are sent to mapping companies.
A new scam has caused dozens of unintended 9-1-1 calls to Milwaukee police and other law enforcement agencies, prompting officials to issue a warning.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will provide on workshop on “Public Safety Imperatives for All-IP Networks” scheduled for April 17, 2014 and April 18, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
The Pima County Wireless Integrated Network and the Pima Emergency Communications and Operations Center, both bond-funded projects, have been in the works since 2001.
South Sound 9-1-1, an interlocal agency created in an effort to consolidate public safety answering points (PSAPs) in Pierce County, Washington, has selected Intergraph’s public safety solutions to replace multiple disparate systems.
Communities across the U.S. will recognize those who help save lives in times of personal or national crisis during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW), April 13 – 19, 2014.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- Celebrating National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week! April 17, 2014
- Putnam County (W.Va.) 9-1-1 Mapping Project Nears Completion April 16, 2014
- Milwaukee Phone Scam Bounces People to 9-1-1 April 16, 2014
- FCC Announces Workshop on Technology Transition and Public Safety April 16, 2014
- Arizona First Responders Link Up with Wireless System April 16, 2014
- Linda D Ford: With sincere sympathy to the family, coworkers and...
- Garry VanDerHeyden: Lot of truth in that!!...
- Lshumpert: Great job, hidden hero great title...
- Linda D Ford: This is a civil liability suit just waiting to hap...
- Randy Kaminsky: Sounds like the people of Steuben County have a re...