Alexandria, VA – The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International is seeking comments on a Candidate American National Standard (ANS) released today that identifies minimum training requirements for the public safety telecommunicators. This standard revision identifies minimum training requirements for both new and veteran Public Safety Telecommunicators. This position is typically tasked with […]
APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Telecommunicator
Fill out the form below for your free copy of this exclusive Technical Digest: In today’s hyper-connected world, data exchange between consumer devices is nearly instantaneous and frequently taken for granted. First responders in fire, law enforcement and EMS agencies, however, know that exchanging information within one organization is not always easy, let alone across […]
On February 5th, Gabby Romero, a 9-1-1 dispatcher in League City, Texas was working her regular shift, when she received a troubling call from a male subject who had threatened to injure himself, stated that he wanted to die and then abruptly disconnected the call. Over the next several minutes, Romero demonstrated a calm demeanor, a focused response and the absolute determination to help another faceless citizen. For this reason, she has been selected the national winner of the 2015 Smart Telecomunicator Awards.
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International announces the recipients of its prestigious 2015 Public Safety Communications Leadership in Policy Awards, who will be honored during APCO’s Annual Public Safety Communications Leadership Dinner in Washington, DC on May 5, 2015.
Today marks the beginning of National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW), a week where communities across the U.S. will recognize those who help save lives in times of personal or national crisis.
Zetron will join JVCKenwood in their booth 10073 at ISC West, which takes place April 15-17, 2015, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, NV. Zetron’s display will highlight its complete control-room solutions and new video surveillance and security offering.
The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), in cooperation with the Public Safety Communications Research Program (PSCR), published a report on Considerations for Identity Management in Public Safety Mobile Networks.
- OPINION: Arrest of Woman Seems Like a Bad Call to a Florida Reporter June 14, 2012
- Dispatching: A Profession or a Job? October 27, 2010
- So You Want to be a Dispatcher … March 21, 2013
- FCC Says PSAPs Must Be Able to Receive 9-1-1 Texts November 23, 2010
- Naples City Council Bristle at Cost of New Radios; Suggest Officers Share June 29, 2011
- APCO Seeks Comments on Draft Standard Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Telecommunicator April 17, 2015
- Interoperability: Key Challenges & Opportunities Posed by Modern Communications Technology April 16, 2015
- NPSTW: Texas 9-1-1 Dispatcher Named National Winner of Smart Telecommunicator Awards April 14, 2015
- APCO International Announces Recipients of 2015 Leadership in Policy Awards April 13, 2015
- National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW) is April 12-18 April 12, 2015
- Gina Myers: March 31, 2015 I've just recently starting work...
- Dr. Henry Richter: Jerry was a great leader for APCO at a time of rap...
- Tyler Riddell: Congratulation's Team Tiburon! Public Safety as a...
- SMARTIN: I have been a dispatcher for 18 years, 7 in my cur...
- 11yearLEO: The officer was correct in stating the law however...